Popular Culture is the attempt to explain how cultural values have been established and how they have changed into the current standard. There are many contributing factors to why culture has changed but by understanding where culture is at and how it got there, one can understand people from the different stages of the cultural change.
I work in Human Resources and I am responsible for employees from the ages of 18 up to the age of 72. The understanding of cultural changes allows me to be able to communicate better with the different age groups. I can understand the culture they come from and make sure that I am communicating in a way that each person understands. It also helps me to control controversial arguments; they are usually triggered by miscommunication. The understanding of cultural issues helps to diffuse arguments before they begin.
The image I have chosen is Yin Yang, this symbol is important to me due to the values that it represents. This symbol is the balance of universe; it hot verses cold, good vs. evil, and life verses death. This symbol shows how everything must blend together to bring balance. I am actually drawn to the Um Yang which is Korean; however, if one looks at popular culture, the Ying Yang is more commonly understood, this is why I chose the Ying Yang symbol. This symbol is so important to me that I have a dragon tattoo that represents the Um Yang, a red dragon verses the blue dragon which are the colors of Um Yang. I have them representing fire and water which is a key element in the Korean culture.
I love your Yin & Yang pictures. I agree that plays a huge role in popular culture. All culture has goods and bads. It all needs a balance and to blend together.
Popular Culture is the attempt to explain how cultural values have been established and how they have changed into the current standard. There are many contributing factors to why culture has changed but by understanding where culture is at and how it got there, one can understand people from the different stages of the cultural change.
ReplyDeleteI work in Human Resources and I am responsible for employees from the ages of 18 up to the age of 72. The understanding of cultural changes allows me to be able to communicate better with the different age groups. I can understand the culture they come from and make sure that I am communicating in a way that each person understands. It also helps me to control controversial arguments; they are usually triggered by miscommunication. The understanding of cultural issues helps to diffuse arguments before they begin.
The image I have chosen is Yin Yang, this symbol is important to me due to the values that it represents. This symbol is the balance of universe; it hot verses cold, good vs. evil, and life verses death. This symbol shows how everything must blend together to bring balance. I am actually drawn to the Um Yang which is Korean; however, if one looks at popular culture, the Ying Yang is more commonly understood, this is why I chose the Ying Yang symbol. This symbol is so important to me that I have a dragon tattoo that represents the Um Yang, a red dragon verses the blue dragon which are the colors of Um Yang. I have them representing fire and water which is a key element in the Korean culture.
Cute picture! I like the reason you chose Yin Yang. You did a good job on your blog!
ReplyDeleteGood post on the ying and the yang, very educational.
ReplyDeleteSue,
ReplyDeleteI love your Yin & Yang pictures. I agree that plays a huge role in popular culture. All culture has goods and bads. It all needs a balance and to blend together.